This is Alice playing with her toy elephant, Ellie. She cuddles all her stuffed toys and walks around with them having a snuggly cuddle and making very beautiful soft "ahhhh" noises.Then, she turns into this!!!!! With no warning at all, she becomes Mr Hyde.

My technique is to try to distract her into something else, which does tend to work, but today I wanted to take some photos to share with the world. I know, no thanks is necessary!!!
I think when you're raising (or is that trying to ignore) toddlers, you really have to keep a sense of humour or I think you would just lose the plot!!! As you can see from previous posts she is a sweet heart most of the time, but we do have to deal with this side of her too.
When do the tantrums start to subside?
11 comments:
my pretty little girl! Ahhh!
Indeed, isn't she just?!
I don't know when the tantrums subside Pauline. Maybe Laura knows. It's still happening with all mine and Molly's coming 7. I think 19.
At least it makes you appreciate the smiles! Also, I've found that laughing at them when they're having tantrums doesn't help. Unfortunately, that makes me laugh all the more!
My nephew Joshua is king of the tantrums - im not exaggerating either. He threw one in the graveyard last Sunday because we wouldnt let him take a toy of a childs grave. He bit Jane on the lip and dug his nails in her arms and had them bleeding, all whilst screaming at the top of his voice! The looks we got as you can imagine. Mum walked away disgusted, Jane tried to put him in his car seat and he was arching his back and slapping her. It was really awful. Jane has always tried ignoring the bad behavior but with him it just doesnt seem to be working. She does time out in his room, naughty step, even toys in the bin but he needs supernanny me thinks!
Anyway Pauline, dont let this scare you half to death, Connor was never like that and so far theres been no tantrums from Tom either. Heres hoping.......
19 Lorraine? I was going to say about 45!
And we have all this to come! Fantastic!
Lorraine, I know what you mean about laughing at them not helping. Sometimes we have to walk away and laugh. It's the faces she pulls, they're hilarious.
Lisa, indeed, hoping that we can control her enough not to get to that stage. She is very head strong though.
D&C, apparently boys start tantruming a bit later than girls. My hope is that because they're early-ish, that she'll get them over with early-ish and go back to the wonderful sweet wee Alice again.
Rhoda, thanks for your encouragement!!
Lorraine have your tantrums stopped? or yours Pauline that might give you a rough guide! Ha ha
Lisa send Joshua to me for a week!
Pauline Lewis started his tantrums just after a year, Grace never had any and Beth she's just the same as Lewis! Saying that they confine their questionable behaviour to the house so that's something I can put up with.
Yeah, yeah Charlene, very funny. I've never had tantrums, ask my mum and Stuart. On second thoughts, maybe that's not a good idea.
Sara stopped having hers about two months ago and she will be 17 next month!
Only joking Pauline.....
Very encouraging Laura, thanks. "See" ya tonight.
Post a Comment