Friday, 1 August 2008

Hiya Daddy



We bought this wee phone so that when we're on the phone Alice can have her own. That way she doesn't want to keep pressing the buttons on ours and has her own buttons to play with. That's the theory anyway. After about 5 mins she gets a bit bored and throws it away and wants up on our knee to press the buttons on our phone. She has just started putting the phone to her ear and saying Hiya though. She also puts it to our ears too and says Hiya. Before now Alice got off the sofa by going backwards, but now she is brave enough to get down forwards. Also just a funny piece of video of her laughing.

Alice has started trying to put our shoes on and walk around in them. As soon as Stuart gets home from work, she goes straight over to his shoes and undoes the laces, much to his annoyance. It's OK when you get home from work, not OK when you're rushing out in the morning to catch the metro.



Just a couple of wee funny pictures to finish.

12 comments:

Laura said...

Alice is just a picture of you Pauline. She is so cute saying hiya. I feel soooo old when I see Alice, it seems soooo long ago that my kids were like that. I really miss that age!! I loved being home with them and planning the day and doing all sort of fun things....and then they start school and it all goes by too fast.Oh how depressing....ok I´m going off to bed totally miserable casue I aint got wee kids anymore. Think I will go cuddle Leah, she still likes to climb into bed and snuggle down and hear a story about when she was really little and the things she got up too. Goodnight Pauline

Laura said...

P.S. Hope you can make the chat tomorrow evening (2nd August!)

Anonymous said...

In the video of Alice climbing off the sofa she really looks like Stuy!! So cute. See you in a couple of weeks. Got back from hol today in 6 hours, I slept for most of it! Obviously Si was driving. We had a wonderful time. love C xx

Stuart and Pauline said...

I think I'll look back on this time and really miss it too Laura. Absolutely don't miss the baby days at all though. Plus I won't miss the tantrums, which are just starting too!!!!! Hope you had a beautiful cuddle with Leah. Enjoy the chat, hopefully join you next month.

Catherine, glad you had a good holiday, shame you couldn't pop over, but see you in a couple of weeks. Glad to hear you weren't driving!!

Charlene said...

Hi Pauline,

Alice's is getting so like you it's scary!!! Imagine that, another Pauline. Only she is cuter! Only kidding. Hope you're feeling better, missed you last night!

Anonymous said...

Stuart is very worried that she'll turn into a wee clone of me. I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about.

I did get on for a short while last night, but must've just missed you.

"See" you next month.

Lorraine said...

Alice is gorgeous Pauline - I can hardly remember any of mine like that and Olivia's only 3! The tantrums are still going strong in both Simon and Olivia though!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Awww thanks Lorraine. What, children of yours having tantrums; did you ever grow out of them? So when you are going to set up your blog then?

Still waiting for that e-mail to explain the loo reference from Saturday night.

Welcome to our blog by the by.

Lorraine said...

Must try and set up a blog. I forget the reference to the loo now but it did mean something at the time. Old age eh? Just found videos of Molls as a baby that I thought we'd lost so we'll have to try and get them on dvd now. Great to see the pics. I feel as if I'm not missing Alice growing up. It's lovely.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Lorraine, that's really special, because that's obviously why we set up the blog because our families and most of our friends live far away and we didn't want our families' particularly to miss out. Really glad it's doing its job.

Every couple of months we put a wee DVD together for my parents as they don't have internet access. We try to take as much video as possible and obviously loads of snaps.

Really looking forward to your blog and what goes on in the White household.

Wonderful that you found those videos of Molly, I bet you sat down and watched them all straight away.

Charlene said...

Hi Pauline,
I was just about to turn the computer off when I noticed your e mail. What a coincidence! I had written on Laura's blog earlier that I had only seen Laura's wedding & that I would love to see all the girl's wedding pics. Low & behold you came through. I really enjoyed looking through the pics. Keep them coming girl.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Glad to be of service Charlene.

I realised last night that I hadn't updated my testimony for 4 years and that I really should update it soon.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of yours.