Tuesday, 6 November 2007

Alice and Petit Filous

As you know we are doing the baby-led weaning. We had to stop for three weeks as Alice had a tummy bug and was pooing for Britain for about two weeks afterwards. Anyway, started back a couple of weeks ago and had to start from square one. Her favourite food seems to be petit filous. I put a dollop on her tray and as you can see she just either licks the tray or scoops it up with her fingers and licks it off. I think she was holding off on the other food I was giving her until she had her petit filous. So I've stopped giving it to her until she is more established with other foods.

It does take a long time for babies to learn to mush the food and then swallow it. There is a lot of gagging (not choking) and spitting stuff out. She likes courgette and today has had avocado for the first time and it seemed to be a hit. She had mash and peas last week and that seemed to go down well too. She's not too keen on bananas or sweet potatoes. When she does eat, it is very small amounts, but she is getting there. This form of weaning does take a lot of patience. But it is very enjoyable because I get to eat my lunch and breakfast at the same time as Alice and I'm not having a bite of mine and then spooning food into her and so on.

2 comments:

doonhamer geordie said...

Glad to see Alice is enjoying petit filous... that's pink, isn't it?! Fantastic!

Stuart and Pauline said...

She doesn't wear pink, but if food is pink and good for her, then I'm not going to deprive.